So for Christmas I gave Kyra lots of fun nail polishes and we spent some time Sunday playing around with a couple of techniques. She wasn't happy with the way the first techinque turned out...I think it was the nailpolish we used it was pretty old, so I'll buy some more white or light color and try again. It was really easy.
1) First collect your supplies.
a) Light colored nailpolish
b) Newspaper cut into strips large enough to fit over nails
c) Rubbing alcohol.
2) Paint nails with light color nailpolish. Let dry completely (I think this is what we did wrong!)
3) Dip fingers into rubbing alcohol
4) Press newspaper onto nail.
5) Cover with topcoat.
The print worked somewhat, but not as well as the website where we found the technique. The website is in French...but my high school French came in handy!
This one was fun.
1) Collect your supplies.
a) Several colors of the same brand of nailpolish. (enamels work best)
b) A disposable bowl or cup. (We decided to use one and reuse it only for this nailpolish technique.
c) tap water.
2) Pour water into bowl
3) drop nail polish drops into bowl. It should float on water.
4) Pull around floating polish with a toothpick to create a design.
5) Mask off finger around nail with scotch tape.
6) Dip fingernail into floating nailpolish where you like hte pattern.
7) Peel off tape.
8) Clean up any missed spots on fingers with nail polish remover.
9) Cover with clear coat.